Iris It Were Spring…

The irises are finished..and signed! 😀

So now I have three works to potentially submit to New American Paintings this month. I’m still debating on the next one…if I make the huge water lilies I’ll more than likely be out of pastel before it’s half finished…but if I go with making the smaller hibiscus I’ll be left with 30 different shades of black in my set and I’ll have to come up with some groovy way to use nothing but darks lol. Either way, I’m starting the next piece today so I’ll have time for little disasters and such before the 27th 😉 Here are the finished irises which if you haven’t guessed, I’ve titled “Iris it Were Spring”

That’s all for now, stay tuned folks! 🙂

Advertisements

Going for the Gusto

The iris piece is moving along and I already have an idea of what the next piece will be. I was going to make something ridiculously huge but I’ve decided that I want to submit work to new american paintings and one of book arts press’ other publications….Long story short the “other publication’s” deadline is friday and they only allow two or three pictures however new american paintings’ deadline is in 4 weeks and they allow 4 so I need to make an extra small piece so I can submit the best 2 for the first one. After the longest sentence ever, I’ve decided on orange hibiscus for my next subject matter. It should be fun 🙂

I learned all about irises today on wikipedia. More like I learned what a lot of different people that have edited wikipedia have to say about them. My current favorite breed is called the samurai warrior and it’s pretty wicked. Also the fleur-de-lis is modeled after an iris, go figure. I could never figure out how to draw those things because I didn’t have a shape to compare them to… But I digress. Here is the progress I’ve made on my irises:

I probably won’t be blogging until after I finish the hibiscus piece but I’ll be sure to post photo updates on facebook and twitter 😉 That’s all for now, stay tuned folks! 😀